Summary Care Record
Adding important information to your NHS Summary Care Record
You already have a Summary Care Record (SCR) which holds important information about your health:
- Medicines you take
- Allergies you have
- Any medicines that make you ill
You might need to see a doctor or nurse who does not know you. If they do not know about your care, your SCR could:
- Stop them making a mistake, because they can see your medicines, allergies or what medicines make you ill
- Help them see your information straight away on a computer
- Doctors and nurses treating you will ask if they can look at your SCR to help them treat you quickly and safely
You can choose to have other useful information added to your SCR, including:
- Your illnesses and any health problems
- Operations and vaccinations you have had
- How you would like to be treated, such as where you would prefer to receive care
- What support you might need
- Who should be contacted for more information about you.
- What to do next
If you are happy for this information to be added to your SCR, take no action and we will keep your SCR up to date. If you have any questions about it, please discuss it with a clinician.
If you wish to opt-out of your SCR, please complete our Summary Care Record Opt-Out form.